What to wear to a holiday dinner(ish) when you don’t have time to go shopping? You guys know, by now, that I’m a huge fan of color and sparkle and try to avoid LBDs, whenever possible. However, sometimes, you just have to let an LBD rescue you! That doesn’t mean that you can’t add some fun elements & colors with an LBD. This coat is one of my favorites – mostly because of the leopard lining – and it’s perfect for the holidays!
|Dress & Necklace: H&M / Stockings: Betsey Johnson / Coat: Express / Pumps: DIY
Bracelets: Forever21 / Ring: Loehmann’s / Nails: Chanel Black Satin
Photos by the talented Reggy Stainfil
Do you guys think this works for a holiday dinner?
Gift shopping is always complicated because you’re looking for someone else and you end up shopping for yourself! No? Just me? Well, anyways ….! When it comes to holiday shopping, I feel like the element of surprise has gone missing, especially now since the holidays have become so commercialized! We always ask our friends and family what they want or need, and they know exactly what they’re getting. That’s just why I love stocking stuffers. They’re little trinkets and you can make them a total surprise! I’ve picked out some great stocking stuffers that will cover everyone on your list – all for $25 or less!
|1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6|
|1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6|
What are some of the best stocking stuffers you’ve received?
Hello Loves! Hope you’re having a wonderful winter and staying warm! It’s been forever since my last post- between my crazy work schedule and wrapping up my first semester as an MBA student it’s been hectic! With the holidays around the corner, online shopping has become my new best friend (sorry Dhruvi :P)! I love this time of year – spending QT with my fam and friends snuggled up at home, baking yummy goodies and of course GIFTS! There’s nothing better than watching your loved ones’ eyes light up as they open up a surprise. Sephora is my go-to store during holiday season, every year they put out tons of special edition sets that not only feature some of the hottest products but offer an amazing value! I love that I can pamper my family and friends with indulgent gifts, without breaking my budget.
(1) SEPHORA by OPI Tinsel Town Collector’s Set: This set is an awesome deal. With 16 mini-nail polishes of this year’s trendiest colors it’s perfect for anyone with nail color ADD. It even contains a jewel top coat!The nail paints are perfectly portioned and the set contains an array of colors perfect for the winter and versatile enough to use all year long. I especially love the assortment of jewel tones and neutrals, appropriate for work or a night out!
(2) Sephora Favorites Fragrance Sampler for Her: One of my all time favorite Sephora gifts! Fragrance gifts are usually tough because there are so many different scents to chose from! This awesome set contains 12 samples of the season’s most popular scents and a voucher for your gift recipient to get a full size version of the perfume they select! This year Sephora has also released a smaller roller-ball version of this set and it’s also available for men’s cologne. You can’t go wrong with this!
(3) Philosophy Home For the Holidays Set: When I think about the holidays the first thing that comes to mind is spending cozy nights at home with the smell of delicious holiday goodies all around. This Philosophy set captures that holiday spirit into a luxurious spa experience with four multipurpose hair and body cleansers/bubble baths in yummy holiday inspired scents like cinnamon buns, peppermint bark, and sparkling cranberry. Once you start using these, you won’t wanna leave the shower! The set also contains four lip glosses in the same scrumptious flavors- making your lips extra silky and tasty ;)!
(4) Smashbox Studio Pop Eye Palette: You can never have enough makeup palettes! I recently bought this palette and found that it was one of my favorite ones yet! I love Smashbox eyeshadows and this palette in particular has vibrant jewel, metallic and neutral colors in shades that are flattering on all skin tones. The kit also contains easy-to-use eye liners and four how-to cards that teach you step-by-step how to create eye looks great for day and night! The palette also contains a mirror and is portable enough to toss into your clutch. A must have – perfect for the fashionista in your life!
(5) Shiseido White Lucent Spot Corrector Expert 10 Days To Brighter Skin Kit: Who wouldn’t love the gift of beautiful skin? The White Lucent system by Shiseido is one of the only skincare systems that I have used that produced IMMEDIATELY after the first use. This system targets imperfections in the skin leaving it flawless! It is also gentle enough for sensitive skin, yet the serum, cleanser, softener, and moisturizer are potent enough to produce visibly more luminous skin in only 10 days! Whoever you decide to give this gift to will definitely love you for it!
Happy Holidays (and shopping) everyone!! XO
I found this sweater the other day and am kind of obsessed with it. It’s super cozy and I love the animal print! When I was thinking of what to pair it with, I realized I hadn’t worn my favorite colored jeans in a while. Between the print sweater and the bright pants, the outfit already has a lot going on so I decided to keep the accessories simple. This was also my first time shooting with Reggy Stainfil, which was a super fun experience – check him out!
This sweater is def going to become a favorite this year. Do you guys have any fall/winter favorites that you always go to?
Linking up with The Pleated Poppy.
PS – You can vote for this post on Lucky Magazine!